Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
NALP 2019 Summit on Emerging Careers for Law Grads
Sports Law Jobs Do Exist! Session
Athletic Compliance and Title IX Employment Opportunity Resources
Athletic Compliance Opportunities
1. Check for Entry Level, Internship, and Graduate Assistant positions on the following sites:
- NCAA Market Job Board
- D1 Ticker
2. Volunteer time in an office
- Often times, compliance offices want someone who proves to them that they are actually interested in working in athletic compliance.
3. Network and build relationships
- Regional Rules Seminar is free to attend and there are 2 each year.
- Cold call/email local compliance professionals to discuss any opportunities they may know of.
Title IX Opportunities
1. Internships - These internships all lay a good foundation for a Title IX position:
- Local non-profits that focus in family law/education law work can be a good place to gain background knowledge.
- General Counsel Offices at Universities
- Sometimes Title IX work falls under this office, but it can also be its own stand-alone office or can fall under the Human Resources, Student Affairs, or Diversity offices in an institution.
- Reach out to Title IX Coordinators, Investigators, Athletic Directors, and General Counsels in your area.
- Education Law Clinics
- Private law firms with employment/education law divisions, even general civil litigation.
- The Department of Education Office for Civil Rights has an internship program: https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/frontpage/careers/careers-index.html.
2. Finding a Position After Graduation:
- ATIXA membership/trainings/scholarships: https://atixa.org/resources/free-resources/job-board/. ATIXA is the main Title IX organization in the country. Their conferences and job board are a great starting place. They do have scholarships.
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA): https://www.nacua.org/news/career-center/recent-postings
- Inside Higher ED: Newsletter and Website: https://careers.insidehighered.com/jobs/
- The Chronicle of Higher ED: https://chroniclevitae.com/job_search/new?cid=UCHETOPNAV
- Association for Student Conduct Administration (ASCA): https://www.theasca.org/jobs_search.asp
- NASPA, Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education: https://www.naspa.org/careers