Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For more info...
Check out the research guide below for more information on New Jersey legislative history.
Legislative Documents & Resources
New Jersey Statutes
Chapter Laws (Session Laws)
Governor's Veto Messages*
Assembly & Senate Bills
Compiled Legsilative Histories
- Available online from the NJ State Library (1970+)
*Not available in the LRC. Please contact a reference librarian for assistance!
See also WestlawNext and Lexis Advance databases listed on this page.
General NJ Legal Research Guide
WestlawNext provides access to several databases for New Jersey legislative history materials including:
- Assembly Committee Statements from the 209th Legislature (2000-2001) through current sessions;
- Senate Committee Statements from the 209th Legislature (2000-2001) through current sessions;
- Assembly Floor Statements from the 209th Legislature (2000-2001) through the 213th Legislature (2008-2009), September 25, 2008;
- Senate Floor Statements from the 209th Legislature (2000-2001) through the 212th Legislature (2006-2007), June 23, 2008;
- Governor Veto Messages from the 207th Legislature (1996-1997) through current sessions and Governor's Messages from the 207th Legislature (1996-1997) through current sessions.
- Bill Tracking: Summaries and status information concerning current NJ legislation. Bills are tracked from their introduction throughout the legislative process.
- Fiscal Notes, Committee Reports and Veto Messages from Netscan legislative history.
Lexis Advance Resources
Lexis Advance includes limited New Jersey legislative history materials for bills passed since 2003. To access the materials:
1. Follow the link above.
2. Enter relevant search terms in the "Search Within Results" box in the left column.