Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Philadephia's Home Rule Charter gives the Philadelphia City Council the ability to adopt and publish a comprehensive codification of all general ordinances adopted by the Council. See section 2-304 of Philadelphia's Home Rule Charter.
The Philadelphia Code is the compilation of all general ordinances adopted by the Philadelphia City Council. It is divided into 22 titles:
- Title 1: General Provisions
- Title 2: City-County Consolidation
- Title 3: Air Management Code
- Title 4: The Philadelphia Building Construction and Occupancy Code
- Title 5: Fire Code (see Title 4, Subcode F: The Philadelphia Fire Code)
- Title 6: Health Code
- Title 7: Housing Code
- Title 8: Plumbing Code (see Title 4, Subcode P: The Philadelphia Plumbing Code)
- Title 9: Regulation of Business Trandes and Professions
- Title 10: Regulation of Individual Conduct and Activity
- Title 11: Streets
- Title 12: Traffic Code
- Title 13: Water and Sewer
- Title 14: Zoning and Planning
- Title 15: Parks and Recreation
- Title 16: Public Property
- Title 17: Contracts and Procurement
- Title 18: Commerce
- Title 19: Finance, Taxes and Collections
- Title 20: Officers and Employees
- Title 21 :Miscellaneous
- Title 22: Public Employees Retirement Code
The Philadephia City Code is available in both electronic and print formats.
Philadelphia Code - Electronic Version
A free version of the Philadelphia Code is posted on the American Legal Publishing Company's Web site. American Legal Publishing also maintains an ADA-compliant version of the Code with a simpler interface.
Philadelphia Code - Print Version
The Philadelphia Code
Call Number: KFX2121 .A6 2016 (LRC Reserve Collection)
Publication Date: 2016 (11th ed.)
The Legal Research Center has a print copy of the Philadelphia Code.