Anatomy of a Search Result
- Title – click on this to bring up the full record of an item. In the full record you can see all information, including subject headings and notes.
- Location – tells you which of the 4 libraries the item is located in, as well as the section you will find it.
- Call # - the exact location of the item. Clicking on this link brings up a list of nearby items (good for browsing a subject to find related items).
- Status – tells you whether an item is available to check out, checked out, for in-library use only, etc.
- Item type – an icon indicating the type of item (book, DVD, electronic resource, etc.)
- Save box – check this box to mark the record, then click “Save Marked Records” at the top of the page. Once you’ve created a list of saved records, go to “View/Export Records”, where you can e-mail the list, export it to EndNote/Refworks, or save it to disk.